In this study, you will gain insights on:
- Findings regarding consumer sentiment towards digital privacy
- Consumer trust in online experiences
- Consumer perceptions of advertisers’ and websites’ practices of sharing data
- Correlations between consumer attitudes about digital privacy and their online privacy profile
- Actions consumers can take to protect their digital privacy and ID Experts’ privacy recommendations
Research reveals 74% of consumers say they have little control over the personal information collected on them; 86% of consumers are very concerned about their privacy when using free online tools like Facebook and Google.
Privacy and Security in a Digital World: A Study of Consumers in the United States was conducted to understand consumers’ privacy concerns as they become more dependent upon digital technologies. The research points to a privacy gap between the consumer data protection individuals want and what industry and regulators provide, and reveals that consumers are highly concerned about their privacy while using online tools like Facebook and Google. Based on these findings, this free report provides recommendations on how to protect consumers’ privacy when using websites that track, share and sell personal data.