Bringing together the best in audiences, attribution, developer tools and point-of-interest data for companies around the globe
When I founded Factual in 2008, our vision was that the most important advances in our society would be built upon data-driven innovation. Since the beginning, we have worked to develop the highest quality location data and make it accessible to our customers so they can scale and reach their own ambitions. As a founder and entrepreneur, I’m never satisfied and always want to deliver more, and I have identified an opportunity to unlock additional capabilities for our customers and partners as well as opportunities for our employees.
Today we are thrilled to announce that Factual is merging with Foursquare, creating the #1 independent leader in location-based technology and data for global brands, advertisers, publishers, and agencies.
The combination of Foursquare and Factual generated more than $150 million in revenue, in more than 20 global markets, and trusted by thousands of companies of all sizes and in various industries, including Microsoft, Uber, Samsung, Snap, Twitter, and more than half of the Fortune 100.
With Factual, Foursquare is now the undisputed independent leader in location technology and data, with the #1 solution across audiences, point-of-interest, developer tools, and attribution. Foursquare delivers the stack that powers the location layer of the internet. This combination establishes the standard in location for the next decade, allowing our clients to accelerate the adoption of location technology as a must have in their day to day business operations.
Following Foursquare’s acquisition of Placed last year and upon the integration with Factual, together we’ll offer customers a united product portfolio, providing the best in highly scalable audiences, offline attribution, point of interest (POI) data and developer tools that will enable companies to tap into data and insights that optimize their marketing and business decisions.
The new Foursquare will offer unparalleled reach and scale, with datasets spanning:
- More than 500 million devices worldwide
- A panel of 25 million opted-in, always on users and over 14 billion user confirmed check-ins
- More than 105 million points of interest across 190 countries and 50 territories
Foursquare and Factual together offer the most robust and readily available location data and technology, trusted by the world’s most important companies and distributed throughout the ecosystem:
- Thousands of brands—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100— have chosen Foursquare or Factual as a location services partner, including all 50 of the top U.S. national advertisers per AdAge
- 550+ media platforms and publishers use Foursquare to measure campaign performance and provide effective optimizations, including 49 of the 50 largest properties on the internet per Comscore
- Combined, our location data is integrated or accessible within platforms representing more than 80% of all programmatic ad spend
- A community of 200,000+ leveraging Foursquare’s geo-contextual developer tools
David Shim will remain as Foursquare’s CEO, and I will join Dennis Crowley in serving on the executive team and board. Individually, we’ve each built strong, successful companies that have made significant impacts on the industry. Together, we’ll drive new, market-leading innovation to enable organizations around the world to further tap into the power of location, while continuing to serve as outspoken leaders calling for the responsible collection and use of data.
We’re excited for what’s ahead, for our company, our customers, our partners and for location at large. Our sales and account teams will be reaching out directly with more information. There’s much more to come as we integrate and further innovate together.
This announcement originally appeared on Factual.